Meet Dr. Maryam Edalat
New York Periodontist
Dr. Maryam Edalat is known by her patients as the only dentist they trust with the health of their mouth as well as their smiles. She smiles readily and encourages everyone else to do the same and is the nurturing spirit of our practice. She ensures that everyone in the office, from the staff to the patients feel that they are listened to and cared for. Her patience, kindness and attention to her patients’ psychological needs has made her the go to dentist in our practice for those patients who have dental phobias or are simply a bit anxious in the dental chair.
Dr. Edalat is an NYU Alumna beginning her undergraduate studies where she was on Dean’s list and finished her studies in the prestigious, advanced AB/DDS program. She began with a major in biology and later added English literature, in particular Shakespeare studies and Art History to round out her education. Later, she attended New York University,College of Dentistry where she received her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 1992.
She completed Post Graduate program in Periodontics and Implantology at NYU, where she got her specialty training where she was recipient of the prestigious Samuel Charles Miller Award for excellence in clinical periodontics. She went on to teach as Assistant Clinical Professor in the department of Periodontics.
Dr. Edalat admits to being a “life-long student”; she is committed to learning the latest techniques and developments in dentistry. She places a strong emphasis on treating the mind/body/mouth connection as a whole. Caring about people in general, and providing her patients with the latest in dental as well as overall health-conscious topics and information is what drives her practice, and this comes across clearly in the close-knit environment of our office, staff and family.
Spending quality time with her family and friends is where she is most happy. New York Periodontist, Dr. Edalat believes in giving back and creating value wherever one may be in one’s life path. She is a strong supporter and fundraiser for many charities, her favorite being IFHO (International Food and Health Organization) that helps fund clean water supply for many developing nations and raises money for orphanages around the globe, most recently in Kenya, Africa.Being a dedicated mother and a professional may not leave much time but Dr. Edalat’s passion for all things “done well” in life leads her to her interests in literature, spiritual studies, a love of architecture and most of all a real passion for New York, the city she calls home.
- New York University- Advanced combined Bachelor of Arts/ DDS degree Literature/Art History/Biology 1989
- NYU College of Dentistry- Doctor of Dental Surgery degree 1992
- NYU College of Dentistry- Post Graduate Degree in Periodontics/Implants 1994
Honor and Awards
- Dr. Maryam Edalat was recruited in to the prestigious combined advanced AB/DDS degree program at NYU 6 months earlier from her high school
- Dean’s List New York University College of Arts and Science 1989
- Samuel Charles Miller Award for Excellence in Clinical Periodontics 1994
- Private Practice – Cosmetic Dental Specialties 1994- Present
- New York University, College of Dentistry- Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Periodontics 1992-1997
- American Academy of Periodontics Annual Conference 1995- Present
- North East Society of Periodontists Bi-Annual Symposium 1995- Present
- Zimmer Institute- Advanced Surgical Cadaveric Course 2009
- Invisalign Orthodontics Certification – June 2010
- Invisalign GP Summit – July 2013
- Jason Kim Advanced Aesthetic Smile Design Course- Sept. 2013
- American Academy of Periodontics (AAP)
- North East Society of Periodontists (NESP)
- International Congress of Implantologists (ICOI)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Orthodontics (AACO)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
My husband and I both needed extensive dental work…and so, we actually flew to New York to see Dr. Edalat, after meeting one of his students who had raved about Dr. Edalat and his office. Both my husband and I feel and look so much better after our treatment. We wouldn’t dream of seeing any other dentist ever again!”
Louise C. – Kent, England